Board Chair (on daily activities)
Board or Executive Committee of Board as circumstance permit
$52,000- $82,000 a year
Responsible for direction of the SCWIB entity and staff to assure successful accomplishment of board's mission and goals relative to the delivery of WIOA services, other employment and training related programs and grant funding activities of the region.
• Supports the Workforce Development Board by fostering teamwork, a supportive culture, and continuous improvement while accomplishing the board's mission, performing its programs, and maintaining a strong positive relationship with its partners.
• Effectively manages the human resources function of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
• Meets regularly with and keeps the Workforce Development Board informed of trends, needs and information related to workforce development activities.
• Communicates regularly with board committees, teams, and taskforces to insure that existing plans are properly resources, executed, and evaluated.
• Represents SCWIB at Missouri Workforce Development Board and other state workforce development meetings.
• Advises the WIB on performance and quality control issues of sub-contractors and providers.
• Prepared or assists in the preparation of contract proposals, negotiations, and delivery of services to insure compliance of grant provisions, program guidelines, regulatory standards, plus budget and financial limitations.
• Evaluates and examines Job Center performance by use of common business cost-effectiveness standards and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Evaluates funding resources outside of WIOA funding streams, such as fees-for-service, appropriate private and governmental agency grants and leveraged partnerships.
• Oversees the development of annual budget and upon board approval manages organization's operations within established budget guidelines.
• Reports to the board regularly on financial performance according to current laws and regulations and reports performance.
• Works with the Board Chair to assure the Board fulfills its governance function.
• Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and Work Experience Overview:
• Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) from accredited College or University in an appropriate Business Category or equivalent experience
• Valid driver's license and personal vehicle (with adequate insurance overage) useable for business purposes with expense reimbursable consistent with board policy
• Willingness to travel as much as required by position (travel request and board chair approval required)
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills as well as excellent speaking and writing ability
• Positive experience working with government programs, citizen groups, universities, businesses, corporations, foundations, individuals and private developers
• Management and supervisory experience and training skills
Closing Date: 10/4/2019
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Available upon request for cause by and person
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than October 4, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
SCWIB is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The board welcomes applications from anyone qualified for the job without regard to age, race, gender, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military serve, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identify